Thursday, July 22, 2010

Interesting


So...unfortunately i dont have much time to use the internet here in Cambodia so as always, im not able to update my blog as often as i would like. Hopefully, i'm going to write a substantial post tomorrow or the next day but for the time being, im going to post just a few of the most interesting/weird/funny occurrences i can think of in the next five minutes.

1. I rode a motorbike from our hotel in Phnom Pehn to the Airport (approx. 30 minutes) and it might have been the most exciting/scary experiences of my life. Apparently normal traffic etiquette (even by Cambodian standards) doesn't apply to motorbikes.

2. Got chased down by a monkey with a clef lip...enough said i suppose.

3. I have been getting Khmer lessons from a 14 (or so she says) year old Orphan named Srey-Pal. She keeps telling me I'm doing a good job but i think shes just being nice.

4. Today i rode in an unmarked van from Siemp Reap to Phnom Pehn with three Cambodians, one Thai, and one American. Its moments like this that make me glad im not in a big tour group.

5. Shortly before arriving in Phnom Pehn we were rear ended by another car.......Its Cambodia....

6. Yesterday we visited the Ta Prohm Temple. I would post pictures but am currently in an internet cafe, so if you're interested...look it up.

7. This week we completed all of the projects that we have been working on since the start of my time here, so tomorrow we should be starting a whole mess of new ones...yippyyy.

8. Finally, two nights ago we had a party for the final night in our base house, with all of the kids from the orphanage, and for some reason we decided to take one bus. We managed to cram 22 students, 5 leaders, and 31 kids into one bus.....pictures to come. This might have been the highlight of my trip thus far.

There must be lots of other things that have happened in the past few days but honestly i cant think of any more....